Our client is a well established (100 yrs in business) manufacturer of heavy transit vehicles--They are known as a very family friendly company and a great place to work!--Due to growth and modernization (recently moved to a new corp HQ and manufacturing plant) they have an immediate need for a Director of Quality with heavy manufacturing background, preferably with motor vehicle background, automotive, bus, truck, train, etc.
Client is seeking a highly motivated Quality Professional with leadership experience to effectively lead all Quality related functions ranging from a robust Quality Control team to a developing Supplier Quality organization. You will have the opportunity to shape and implement innovative policies, procedures and work practices within a dynamic, fast paced manufacturing environment.
As Quality Director, you will report directly to the Executive Vice President of Operations and have ultimate accountability for Quality methods . You consistently work cross functionally with Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Engineering & Field Service to establish root cause, containment measures and permanent corrective actions for non-conforming processes and material.
The Quality Director will have a strong knowledge and understanding of industry benchmark Quality practices for both Quality Control and Supplier Quality. Along with previous experience large team, leadership experience and be familiar or have worked in an ISO 9001 and formalized Lean Manufacturing environment as well as be highly motivated and has strong organizational skills.
- Ultimately accountable for all Quality practices .
- Develops all training materials, inspection standards and work procedures for the Quality departments
- Effectively leads and motivates a team of more than 25 Quality professionals
- Develops and reports State of Quality on a regular basis through the reporting of various Key Performance Indicators
- Leads root cause investigations related to supplier material non-conformances
- Plans and executes supplier audits. Addresses improvements needed to the supplier’s quality system to improve the quality of incoming material
- Evaluates key new suppliers on their ability to adhere to the Quality standards prior to component purchases
- Participates heavily in numerous formalized Continuous Improvement / Lean Manufacturing initiatives
- Key participant in the New Product Introduction process ensuring there is a strategic roadmap to achieve built-in quality
- Effectively manages both short term and long-term projects and sets the direction for any Quality related IT systems
- Participates and aids subordinates to ensure proper training, safe and orderly working conditions, as well as the efficient use of labor, material, and tools. Initiates or approves related requests for equipment or staff assistance
- Recommends or approves, compliant policies, rules or labor agreements, personnel actions relating to employment, wage rates, advancement, discipline, etc.
- Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in combination with at least 10 years of experience?
- Have you had Quality responsibilities in a manufacturing environment, Engineering field preferred?
- Is your knowledge and experience extensive with ISO 9001, APQP/PPAP, as well as applying quality tools such as 8D, Root-cause analysis, etc.?
- Proven quantitative skills to analyze, think and communicate with well-supported data
- Do you possess the skill to ask the right questions, which help frame logical conclusions and arrive at productive solutions?
- Highly motivated with strong problem solving and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task
- Previous experience in vehicle or heavy equipment manufacturing preferred