Top tier electric utility in the northeast is seeking experienced Commissioning Engineers with a strong background in utility substation projects. This position has the responsibility for the development and implementation of plans and procedures for the testing and commissioning of highly complex transmission and distribution substation projects. You will ensure that complex substation projects are tested and commissioned in accordance with industry standards with a focus on safety and maintaining system reliability.
This position works closely with System Test and Protection & Controls Engineering in the development of project test and commissioning plans with a focus on ensuring safety and eliminating issues and errors during the commission process.
- Responsible for commissioning of substation equipment as individual units (breakers, transformers, etc.) as well as overall project commission including controls, systems, relays, metering, etc.
- Collaborate with Engineers within Engineering to ensure consistency and teamwork.
- Accountable for root-cause analysis, development and implementation of corrective actions relating to project commissioning.
- Responsible for assisting in the development of standards and procedures for the test and commissioning of substation projects.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in related field – supervisory experience preferred