We have an immediate opportunity for Project Controllers, to provide timely and efficient monitoring and analysis of project costs and schedules identifying trends for the program. The Project Controller will produce a variety of regular and ad-hoc reports in support of planning and control initiatives for the program. Working closely with all functional departments, the role will play a key role in ensuring that policies, procedures, and standards are followed.
- Develop and Monitor Cash flows from Estimates
- Verifying the accuracy of all cost information – including confirmation that costs have been properly coded and allocated to the project budget
- Apply work breakdown structure requirements.
- Producing required accounting and project cost reports
- Producing reports on deviations, under-runs and over-runs
- Preparing forecasts and cost trend reports, reviewing and evaluating trends and their impact on project costs
- Monitoring project costs and commitment to budget and forecast
- Manage information integration from engineers, subcontractors, owners, and others to create an integrated master schedule.
- Preparing project schedules based on defined project execution philosophies.
- Identify critical paths including critical float path analysis.
- Create graphics including Gantt charts, activity network diagrams, time-scaled logic diagrams, and histograms.
- Maintaining change control and the change order register
- Work with project management to set goals, objectives, and success factors and analyze project status.
- Perform project performance analysis including earned value.
- Preparing schedule updates and general maintenance in MS Project.
- Position located at client offices with travel to the site on occasion.
- Degree in Accounting or Engineering from an accredited institution
- At least 4 - 5 years of related project control experience; preferably in T & D Power Delivery
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office and Excel
- Proficient with MS Project and a plus if Primavera P6 as well
- Knowledge of project management tools would be an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with superior interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and time lines and achieve results
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to establish a high degree of credibility with staff and clients
Salary: DOE plus bonus. Relocation assistance. Comprehensive benefits.