Senior level Telecommunications Engineers needed to plan, coordinate, and perform engineering assignments in support of telecommunication systems and telecommunication construction projects for a large investor-owned utility.
There are several open positions that will be divided among 3 primary areas:
- FAN (Field Area Networks) team - focus on wireless technologies for data and voice communications
- WAN (Wide Area Networks) team – focus on fiber optic communications and core transport networks
- Operations Support Team - focus on providing engineering support for the day-to-day operations of the Telecommunications infrastructure and developing programs & projects to continuously improve the systems in place. Will have blend of both – WAN & FAN.
- Working on and leading projects to construct and maintain the telecommunication assets including digital microwave, mobile and fixed wireless services, fiber optics, various multiplexers, ground potential rise, paging systems and subsystems.
- Configuring and specifying associated telecom equipment and interfacing with IP networks.
- Understanding and complying with regulatory bodies such as the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- Requires a Bachelors’ degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, or Computer Engineering.
- Master's degree and/or Professional Engineer license is desired.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of related experience.
- Very high standards of professional and technical competence and a complete and thorough knowledge of technical skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering techniques
- Knowledge of federal and state regulatory criteria and industry codes and standards pertaining to the engineering of telecommunication systems.