This is a great opportunity to work for a growing and global OEM based out of Schaumburg, IL! The primary purpose of this position is to develop and execute segment and account strategies to drive revenue growth in defined target customers by identifying and securing new business opportunities. This position will focus on building and keeping a pipeline of opportunities to achieve sales and growth targets while developing, maintaining relationships in strategic accounts.
The successful candidate will have automation industry experience and experience selling automation solutions and capital equipment. Travel typically 20-30%.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Engineering technology or other engineering disciplines
- 10 + years of direct sales experience. Preference for experience selling into the Life Science, Consumer Products and or Consumer Electronics industries.
- Demonstrated experience in prospecting and growing a new territory.
- Proven experience in selling high dollar complex technical custom solutions to customers. Selling automation solutions and capital equipment highly desired.
- Manage the entire sales process from prospect initiation to securing commitment with an assigned customer(s) by identifying new opportunities and filling the new project pipelines.
- Own customer relationship; communicate the total business offering by demonstrating alignment of capabilities with customer needs.
- Develop and implement an account segment plan; prospect and identify new opportunities within account and territory while protecting core revenue base.
- Effectively sell the body of work to ensure an intimate understanding of who we are, what we represent and what we can offer. Serve as an adviser to our customers by being able to clearly define company from a high level to the detail of a specific customized solution offering.
- Execute account and segment plan to achieve annual quota.
- Grow market share within a segment and assigned account base.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities within account base and segment.
- Maintain regular communications with customers within segment/account.
- Ensure timely communication of problems and opportunities to management or other key functional areas and ensure corrective actions are in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Identify and develop relationships with critical decision makers in the prospecting phase through regular face to face engagements, understanding customer needs and continued follow up to ensure new quoting opportunities
- Assess and develop plans to penetrate the various functions within the customer organization and develop deep and broad relationships with key decision makers. Facilitate expansion of relationships for critical functions between the customer and company.
- Take ownership of all quotes and contracts and drive the sales process both internally and externally, serve as the key negotiator and utilize sales processes to solicit and to coordinate feedback internally.
- Understand industry and market trends as well as sales analytics related to customer and translate into targeted opportunities.
- Engage with customers at trade shows, conferences, and industry meetings.
- Update CRM (Salesforce) daily based on sales activities.
- Maintain International Standardization Organization ISO13485 standards.
- Other duties as assigned.