The successful candidate will assist in managing a retail store and warehouse engaged in selling specific, related or general lines of merchandise by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors:
- Daily adherence to operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of material.
- Engage with customers to ensure needs are met.
- Assist in managing health and safety, security, and emergency system capabilities and staff and customer awareness, according to company policy and relevant law.
- Plan and prepare daily work schedules as well as assign employees to specific duties.
- Supervise employees engaged in sales and warehouse work, taking of inventories, reconciling cash with receipts, keeping operating records, and preparing daily record of transactions for accounting. Including overseeing counter sales force.
- Inspects physical condition of warehouse, equipment and showroom.
- Prepares work orders for repairs and requisitions for replacement of equipment.
- Performs the work of subordinates, as needed.
- Locks and secures facility.
- Assists with related special projects, as needed. Must be proficient in all aspects of the A+. Order entry, order search, PO search, P&A, daily's, customer search.
- Previous experience in retail/wholesale building materials a plus
- Weekend availability a must
- Roofing, siding, or lumber experience preferred
- Proficient on the IBMi (A+) is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
- or three to six years related industry and management experience
- Exceptional customer service skills