Director of Business IntelligenceClearwater, FLDirect Hire Our client, a leader in the moving and storage industry, is currently seeking a Director of Business Intelligence to join their corporate headquarters in Clearwater, Florida. The Director of Business Intelligence will be responsible for aligning various data environments and enhancing business intelligence and analytics capabilities. They will be responsible for the development, deployment, and adoption of business intelligence and technology tools. To be successful in the role, the individual must have strong analytical and managerial skills while possessing the ability to prioritize well and communicate clearly. The individual must have a consistent track record of delivering results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a new BI function from the ground up for the business that seeks to make data and predictive analytics a cornerstone of the businesss success.
- Partner with IT to help built out our BI platforms and tools, ensuring environments are functional, scalable and data cleansed to support the future BI function.
- Lead Business Ownership to determine structure, plan and build for a single source of truth Data Lake and Data Warehouse. Provide support and guidance for key architectural decisions to deliver a structure that can propel the business into the world of machine learning and AI.
- Lead Data Science & Analytics initiatives for the team that drives a look forward for the business and predicts future activity so that the business can determine strategies and plans for optimization. Provide forecasting, revenue modeling, predictive analysis, scenario planning, A/B testing and data science for stakeholder teams.
- Lead the build out of standardized reporting for multiple groups within the organization. Create requirements for new data sources and ETL for new reports. Help QA and ensure business definitions are accurate.
- Help evangelize and transform the company into a data driven culture, always being mindful of information management best practices. Identify training opportunities/programs to elevate the digital/data literacy of the organization and eventually create power users of analytic tools within and across departments.
- Partner effectively and earn trust with stakeholder teams. Determine priorities that will most propel the growth of the business and Take ownership of priorities and ensure that the team deliver results on time. Develop a deep understanding of KPIs that affect each group.
- Identify, maintain and develop predictive models to target and acquire customers, using internal and external data sources. Make our data our most valuable commodity to drive our business.
- Support Digital Marketing team through designing and recommending appropriate analytic methodologies for the following:
Marketing Analytics: tagging, touch attribution, marketing funnel & conversion analysis, acquisition & engagement metrics and paid media optimization
Contact Strategy: Identifying optimal frequency, sequencing, and cross channel mix for effective customer acquisition and communications
Customer Value: Assessing both prospect and customer value and cost to serve and determining leading indicators for high value/highly profitable customers and how to best serve through the life cycle. Help drive media efficiency and recommendations based on acquisition value.
Create, define, and document processes and analyses. Help drive data governance initiatives within the organization and in partnership with IT (Enterprise Architecture). REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business Analysis, Finance, or a related field is required.
- MS required from a quantitative field from such as Data Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics
- 10+ years of applied experience in Data, Analytics, Data Science, Data Engineering and/or BI.
- 5+ years managing teams of data professionals
- Experience with analyzing large datasets and building models using SQL, R, and/or Python in addition to frontend BI tools such as Power BI. Full stack Data Science experience a plus.
- Experience with predictive modeling, multi-regression, decision tress, cluster analysis, and various machine learning models. Experience deploying Deep Learning / AI models a plus.
- Experience working closely with Data Engineering teams to provide ETL requirements, QA, and business definitions. Familiarity with AWS. Knowledge in distributed processing frameworks such as Spark, Hadoop, and EMR.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to partner and earn the trust of constituents.
- Expert at integrating 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data.
- Strong management skills and proven track record of talent development
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence others through storytelling
- Experience interfacing and servicing senior executives from across a variety of disciplines including analytics, creative, technical and operations.
- Experience in media, technology, eCommerce, or other subscription-based company