Our client, a rapidly growing international manufacturer of a composite decking material, has an immediate need for a Director of Sales due to their continued expansion in to North America. This is an exciting growth opportunity as this person will continue to establish the product and the brand in the Middle and Eastern US as well as parts of Canada. This role will ultimately help build and lead the sales team.
As a starting point, the Director of Sales role will be a producer role, reporting to the VP of Sales who is based on the West Coast. This will be a remote position, working from a home-based office. The ideal home location for a candidate will be in a major market on the East Coast or Mid-West.
- Create and develop relationships at the distribution and dealer level throughout the territory.
- Assist the VP of Sales in hiring and building an internal sales team and/or implement manufactures reps nationally.
- This position will call on established sales contacts within the building product distributor market, working hands on to achieve sales goals, develop sales strategy and help to create plans to increase market share.
- The Director of Sales will also attend networking events and shows.
- The ideal candidates will have a Bachelors Degree
- Sales leadership in the building or construction products industry.
- The ideal industry background would be someone that has experience selling composite decking or lumber to distributors.
- 2-Step Distribution contacts a MUST
- Someone who has started up a territory from scratch strongly preferred