Interested candidates should have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Complex commercial mortgage loan transactions and construction loans.
- Purchases and sales of commercial real estate and real estate construction and development issues.
- Complex corporate finance transactions, including private corporate debt investments and other fixed income structures.
- Investments in private equity funds and venture capital transactions.
Candidates should also possess:
- An awareness of current economic trends impacting institutional investors.
- Demonstrated legal, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong work ethic and customer-service mentality.
- The ability to work in an environment that emphasizes information sharing, collaboration, teamwork, mutual respect and integrity.
- Law degree and excellent academic credentials from an ABA-accredited school required
- Must have active license to practice law in at least one state and a member in good standing of the bar
- Must be able to obtain a limited license if not already appropriately licensed in IL
- Other than as authorized by the General Counsel or his designee, employees are not permitted to handle any legal business outside of State Farm except authorized pro bono work
- Newly hired employees must cease all outside practice and all suit involvement before joining State Farm
- Travel may be required via commercial transportation or driving to job related activities
- May work irregular hours due to workload and nature of the work
- This is not a virtual position
What You Can Expect
Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in pre-employment testing and/or the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
What's In It For You
Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential
A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
401k Plan and Fully Funded Pension
Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!