Want to be part of our team?
As the Principal Systems Administrator you will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Install, configure, and maintain Windows and Linux servers and associated software in both physical and virtual environments.
• Administer servers, desktops, routers, switches, and Cisco UCS blade server environments.
• Provide expertise in troubleshooting issues on Linux (RHEL and CentOS) and Windows environments.
• Provide technical solutions to a wide range of problems and user requests through an established trouble ticketing system.
• Support helpdesk team by participating in after-hours on-call rotation, and supporting end-users with varying levels of IT knowledge.
• Provide network support and architecture designs for large infrastructure projects and deployments.
• Work with development teams and provide infrastructure support and input into architecture design and onboarding plans for new systems, including diagrams and documentation.
• Provide operational support to development teams by participating in production release planning and software deployments.
The Principal Systems Administrator will have the knowledge, skills abilities and/or technical experience to include:
• Demonstrate significant experience in Linux and Windows Administration, including best practices, CLI, and GUIs
• Familiarity with enterprise network architectures, including Cisco routers and switches
• Familiarity with complex Linux/Windows environments and related protocols (HTTP/FTP/SCP/NFS, etc).
• Experience with Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Project, Visio
• Experience supporting web applications and environments, including Nginx and NodeJS
• Experience with VMWare and virtualized environments
Excellent organizational, verbal/written communication, and presentation skills are a must.
A Bachelors degree in Math, Science, Engineering (or equivalent), 15+ years of related work experience and the ability to obtain a Security Clearance is required.