we are looking for an experienced accounting manager with strong experience in revenue recognition.
This individual is a strong leader that will oversee and take responsibility for our entire revenue cycle, monthly close procedures and revenue recognition accounting. We have experienced tremendous growth and are committed to continuing that growth through streamlining processes that will help us close our books faster, as well as help to scale our financial systems. Knowledge of Revenue Accounting is a must and experience with multiple systems is a must.
The Manager Revenue Accounting will work very closely with team members within our Finance and Accounting teams as well as across all departments to make necessary changes and complete projects (as required) in support of company-wide goals and objectives. In-depth knowledge and experience working with GAAP and SEC guidelines for revenue recognition (ASC 606).
Directly report to the Corporate Controller
- Oversee the entire revenue cycle.
- Oversee revenue by legal entity and reporting Jurisdictions
- Ensure International Revenue Reporting compliance
- Oversee indirect tax reporting and data support
- Take on special projects as deemed necessary by management
- Analyze gross margin for impact of markdowns; perform other analysis for management and financial reporting as needed
- Work with Client Care team to review chargebacks to ensure policy compliance; make recommendations when needed.
- Review daily activity to ensure proper recognition of Business Categories and reconciliation between D365 CE and FO
- Prepare weekly/monthly/Quarterly sales report
- Prepare monthly GAAP & Demand sales
- Prepare/assist with monthly returns reserve analysis
- Liaison with Client Experience teams to manage the commission system
- Liaison with Tech to assist with sales audit queue resolutions • Assist with the development, documentation, and implementation of internal controls surrounding revenue recognition (quote-to-cash) process
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations during monthly Accounting close process
- Assist Business Unit Controllers and Accounting team in preparation of financial statements and year-end financial audit
- Assist in implementing new accounting policies and procedures
- Working with business development and sales on reviewing potential deals.
- Liaison with senior management and external auditors on technical issues
- Manage the day to day activities of the revenue accounting team focusing on automation, process improvement and analyzing the business results to support the company’s scale and growth.
- Manage the month-end close process for revenue, accounts receivable, allowances and deferred revenue to ensure an accurate and timely revenue close and ensure compliance with the company’s revenue recognition policies under ASC 606.
- Work closely with Revenue Operations to engage in active deal negotiations and perform accounting assessment to ensure alignment on process, controls and proper revenue recognition.
- Initiate reviews and analysis to provide business insights.
- Coordinate the search and implementation of key tools to increase proficiency and effectiveness of revenue recognition for internal monthly reporting and internal/external quarterly reporting
- Preparation of SEC filings
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA or equivalent required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Proven revenue recognition and revenue cycle supervision skills
- Experience with database comparisons and reconciliations
- Experience with indirect tax requirements
- Experience with Microsoft D365 ERP Software preferred
- Experience with subscription management software preferred