- The Senior Director is responsible for leading the effort in designing and executing our internal controls over financial reporting and accounting policy.
- This includes partnering with business owners to help design an effective system of internal controls over financial reporting and creating a culture that embraces a sound financial control environment and holds individuals accountable to clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
- Lead team that collaborates with business leaders to create flowcharts of key processes, identifying key risks and controls.
- Responsible for the research and implementation of accounting principles under GAAP and SAP.
- Monitor potential changes to GAAP and SAP.
- Ensure the identification of key risks, adequacy of stated controls and process documentation, and identify any control gaps.
- Develop a risk-based testing programs of assigned department or functional area in established/required timeline. Partner with Internal Audit to execute testing program.
- Communicate findings and partner with business leaders to develop remediation strategy for identified issues.
- Lead SOX Steering Committee
- Design effective SOX certification process.
- Work with external auditors to address financial reporting risks and support the external auditing function.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or equivalent
- CPA, MBA or CIA preferred.
- MUST BE A US CITIZEN OR POSSESS A GREEN CARD
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in public accounting or internal audit
- insurance industry or financial services industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Strong technical accounting and financial reporting background.
- Deadline-oriented, self-starter possessing a strong work ethic.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- The ability to multi-task; capable of meeting deadlines.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Flexible in a changing and demanding environment.
- Demonstrated skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management; ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Visio, Outlook).
- Polished and professional written and verbal communication skills, including active listening skills and oral presentation skills.
- The ability to read and write English fluently is required.
- Both domestic and international travel up to 25% may be required.
- Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
Apply for job
Please login to submit application